To setup a mirror database to use the Trustworthy Property
- On the principal server instance, verify that the principal database has the Trustworthy property turned on.
SELECT name, database_id, is_trustworthy_on FROM sys.databases
- After starting mirroring, verify that the database is currently the principal database, the session is using a synchronous operating mode, and the session is already synchronized.
SELECT database_id, mirroring_role, mirroring_safety_level_desc, mirroring_state_desc FROM sys.database_mirroring
- Once the mirroring session is synchronized, manually fail over to the mirror database.
This can be done in either SQL Server Management Studio or using Transact-SQL:
- Turn on the trustworthy database property using the following ALTER DATABASE command:
ALTER DATABASE <database_name> SET TRUSTWORTHY ON
- Optionally, manually failover again to return to the original principal.
- Optionally, switch to asynchronous, high-performance mode by setting SAFETY to OFF and ensuring that WITNESS is also set to OFF.