Sometime, you may experience issues with SQL Server during the setup process. This often leads to a corrupt SQL Server installation. You may use the "Repair" feature that is built-in with the installation disc to resolve the issue. Note that you may require administrative rights to perform this task.
- Insert the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 installation CD into your CD/DVD-ROM drive.
- Navigate to "Computer" from the Start menu and then click the icon that represents your CD/DVD-ROM drive. Double-click "setup.exe." Ignore this step if the setup process runs automatically when you insert the installation CD.
- Click "Maintenance" in the left pane. Click "Repair."
- Choose a language for installation. Click "Next."
- Click "Install."
- Follow on-screen guided prompts and click "Next" buttons until you see the screen called "Ready to Repair."
- Click "Repair." This process may take several minutes to complete depending on the size of your database server.
- Click "Finish" when prompted.