You may require emergency data backup in following situations
- The OS is corrupt or system is not booting
- The OS is running but FusionRetail 6 is not starting up
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express is not present.
- You do not know how to use SQL Server Management Studio Express to take backup.
Please use the following steps to take emergency backup of data in case of emergency
First we have to stop the SQL Server if that is running. For stopping the SQL use the following step.
- Go to Start > Run > Type net stop mssql$
- Copy the data directory of the database. (Usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data)
- Make sure that the data files with extension .MDF and .LDF is present
- After Installing SQL Server, Use "Attach Database" option in Management Studio to attach this MDF file.