Search

Monday, December 30, 2013

The SQL Server System Configuration Checker cannot be executed due to WMI configuration on the machine DI-ERP2 Error:2148007941 (0x80080005).

Today when I was trying to uninstall SQL Server If got below error:

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Setup
------------------------------
The SQL Server System Configuration Checker cannot be executed due to WMI configuration on the machine MAIN Error:2148007941 (0x80080005). 

Than I searched the net and found below command file and I ran this and it fixed my WMI problem. Copy below content into notepad as save in C Drive root as fixwmi.cmd and then from a command line run c:\fixwmi.cmd.

It takes several minutes to complete and at points it appears that it is not running but it is. After it is complete, my problem is solved.

The content of cmd file is:

@echo on
cd /d c:\temp
if not exist %windir%\system32\wbem goto TryInstall
cd /d %windir%\system32\wbem
net stop winmgmt
winmgmt /kill
if exist Rep_bak rd Rep_bak /s /q
rename Repository Rep_bak
for %%i in (*.dll) do RegSvr32 -s %%i
for %%i in (*.exe) do call :FixSrv %%i
for %%i in (*.mof,*.mfl) do Mofcomp %%i
net start winmgmt
goto End

:FixSrv
if /I (%1) == (wbemcntl.exe) goto SkipSrv
if /I (%1) == (wbemtest.exe) goto SkipSrv
if /I (%1) == (mofcomp.exe) goto SkipSrv
%1 /RegServer

:SkipSrv
goto End

:TryInstall
if not exist wmicore.exe goto End
wmicore /s
net start winmgmt

:End

No comments:

Post a Comment