Search

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

SQL server failed to start the system cannot find the path specified

Today my Sql Server was not starting. I checked the Event Viewer and found the below error:


SQL server failed to start the system cannot find the path specified


First I checked the drives and drive letters in my computer. Then verify the SQL server installed drive is available in the server.
Go to Start –> All programs –> Microsoft SQL server 2008 –> configuration tools –> SQL server configuration manager –> Right click the SQL server –> Properties –> Advanced –> Checked the install path and startup parameters.
I could not see the Installation drive in my server. The drives (LUN) that is not connected properly to the server and then I went to the storage side and connected the drive (LUN) and it works as expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment