Search

Friday, January 6, 2012

IIS FTP Configuration - Failed to retrieve directory listing error in FTP Filezilla Client


After I configured the FTP site in IIS on Windows Server 2003 and added permission to a new FTP user on my FTP directory I ran into the following problem with my FTP Filezilla Client when trying to establish a connection to FTP Server. Output error: Failed to retrieve directory listing.  In my case Filezilla Client normally established a connection but the client did not want to list my directories. After I checked all options in IIS I thought of seeing what is enabled in Windows Firewall. There I found a setting that solved my problem:


In Control Panel -> Windows Firewall -> Advanced tab click settings and check FTP Server to enable access.


That was it! My FTP connection then worked as expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment