- During a database mirroring session, connect to the principal server instance, in Object Explorer, click the server name to expand the server tree.
- Expand Databases, and select the database.
- Right-click the database, select Tasks, and then click Mirror. This opens the Mirroring page of the Database Properties dialog box.
- In the Select a Page pane, click Mirroring.
- To remove mirroring, click Remove Mirroring. A prompt asks for confirmation. If you click Yes, the session is stopped and mirroring is removed from the database.
For more information about the impact of removing mirroring, see Removing Database Mirroring.
- Optionally, you can recover the former mirror database. On the server instance that was the mirror server, use the following Transact-SQL statement:
RESTORE DATABASE <DB_Name> WITH RECOVERY